- Je account
Should you have any doubts, there's more to Niko than switches and socket outlets!
• You will join our enthusiastic team of 6 designers. Close collaboration with our product managers is also really important.
• You will go in search of user needs by means of interviews and observations. You will analyse and define what should be designed.
• You will combine these insights with your creativity and focus your efforts on user-centred solutions. You will make wireframes and design screens aligned with the Niko UI style.
• You will build realistic prototypes, which you then use to test your solution among our users. You will process the test results and implement your findings in the next design iteration.
• Throughout the development process you will support our development teams both locally and abroad.
• You are a good communicator with the necessary powers of persuasion. Using your enthusiasm you inspire others to continue investing in user experience.
• You enjoy working in an agile environment. Achieving deadlines comes naturally.
• Thanks to your empathic nature, you are successful in bringing disciplines together, in order to define clear requirements for new applications or functionalities.
• You are ‘eager’ to learn new skills, and enjoy working closely with colleagues.
• You are open to feedback, but have confidence in your own ideas and design decisions. You like to share your knowledge with others.
• You take both the responsibility and initiative to continuously improve solutions and processes.
• Using a pen and paper, you are quickly able to visualise a concept or prototype. Experience with Figma in the design of wireframes and screens is a bonus.
• Ideally, you have a Master's degree in either "Product Development" or "Design for Interaction” or similar due to experience.
Niko develops electric and electronic solutions that make buildings work better for its inhabitants. By consuming less energy, by enhancing lighting comfort and safety and by making the different applications work seamlessly together. Buildings with Niko inside are more efficient, can be controlled from a distance and interact within a larger eco-system.
Niko is a Belgian family owned company has its headquarters in Sint-Niklaas (Belgium), employs 750 people and is active in 10 countries in Europe.
"How can we make your buildings work better for you?", is the question we ask ourselves every morning at Niko.
A nice salary with fringe benefits is only part of what we have to offer. Equally important is the fact that we can offer you a position in a solid company with a clear vision. A no-nonsense company where we believe in the saying ‘do as you say and say as you do’. A company that continues to grow and to launch new, high-quality solutions. We also offer a fun work environment where colleagues are open towards each other and build on one another. In brief, a company where you will be fully supported and challenged.