What will you do as a software test analyst?
As a software test analyst in the Niko R&D team, you contribute to the software development of our IoT solutions for home automation, mainly Niko Home Control and its different modules.
You are part of a multidisciplinary scrum team that takes ownership of designing and implementing our platform and its software features, with focus on software testing. As a software test analyst you’ll be testing software on different iOT devices going from embedded Linux devices over mobile applications to cloud.
- Take ownership, define the test strategy and test plan for the projects you are working on
- Estimate, Design, Implement and execute the software test plan in accordance with our Agile software development process.
- Be a part of a multi-disciplinary and international SCRUM team that takes ownership of designing and implementing our platform and its software features
- Document and maintain software test plans in a structured and natural way of working
- Suggest, discuss and define process improvements, how can we improve our way of working.
- Collaborate with our software development team on various test procedures for functional tests of the implemented code
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a software test analyst with a couple of years of experience in testing various iOT solutions. You hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or electronic engineering or equal through experience.
In addition, you have:
- Self-responsibility and commitment in meeting project objectives and ensuring software validation activities are conducted with timeliness, thoroughness and accuracy.
- Determination and sound technical judgment in problem solving, analytical techniques, develops new / creative test designs, and can work independently with little supervision.
- A certificate in Software testing (eg ISTQB) is an asset.
- Hands-on in test execution and reporting
- Knowledge of embedded Linux, Xamarin (.NET MAUI), MS Azure is a plus.
- Hardware knowledge is a plus.
- Experience working in SCRUM teams or the agile approach
- Experience with Continuous Integration Principles and related tools e.g. Jira, Jenkins, Testrail
- Experience with test automation (.net and/or Python) is an advantage
- Knowledge of wireless technologies (e.g. Zigbee, BLE, Wifi) is a plus
- Knowledge of lighting control protocols (e.g. DALI) is a plus
On a personal level, you are a passionate software test analyst who is always up to date in terms of new technology. You have a systematic approach in your way of working, and able to keep sense of perspective of the different tasks. We expect you to have good communication skills and the ability to engage with many different people both internally in the organization and externally. You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Dutch is a plus.
What do you get from us?
- You will be working in an exciting, challenging and varied position in a professional environment.
- You will receive an attractive salary, complemented by a comprehensive package of employee benefits.
- You will have the opportunity for self-development, training and career growth.
- Responsibility and showing initiative are encouraged here.
- You will be surrounded by friendly, open colleagues you can build on. In other words: Welcome to the Niko family!
- Niko never stands still, new quality solutions are constantly being launched. You will not be bored here.
- Last but not least, you will be part of a professional and solid growth company with a clear vision for the future. We are a no-nonsense company that does what it says, and says what it does.
Do you recognize yourself?
Do you feel a match with the description above and can you see yourself working at Niko as an Embedded Software Developer? Then send us your application here below, and we will meet soon for a further introduction.
Niko designs electr(on)ic solutions to enhance buildings to better suit the needs of the people who live and work in them. By using less energy, by improving light comfort and safety and by making sure all applications work together seamlessly. Buildings with Niko are more efficient, are controllable from a distance and interact within bigger ecosystems. Niko is a family business based in Sint-Niklaas, Belgium, with more than 700 employees in 12 branches