- Je account
In case you are still wondering, there is more to Niko than switches and socket outlets.
Join our team and see what Niko has to offer!
• You are an experienced industrial designer who will strengthen our team, creating a mid and long term vision for our core solutions. Your proven experience in front end product design will allow you to kickstart an exploration project with minimal guidance.
• You like to gain insights from your target audience and explore their needs via interviews and observations. In close collaboration with the product owner, you will visualize pain points, unmet needs and opportunities and map them in a customer journey.
• You will moderate multidisciplinary meetings to evaluate the different concepts and ensure that technology, business and design are considered. You will guide the team to a documented decision.
• In an agile development team or squad, you will be responsible for the look and feel of our solutions. To safeguard consistency, you will keep in touch with the design and UX leads to align your vision with the Niko strategy & insights.
• You will capture relevant trends and use this information to elevate the design vision and strategy.
• You will be part of our enthusiastic team of 10 multidisciplinary designers. Close collaboration with our product managers, as well as the R&D developers, is key.
• You are a good communicator with effective persuasion skills. Your enthusiasm inspires others to continue investing in our roadmap projects.
• You enjoy working in an agile environment. Achieving deadlines comes naturally.
• Your empathic nature allows you to successfully bring disciplines together and define clear requirements for new solutions.
• You are ‘eager’ to learn new skills.
• You enjoy working closely with your colleagues and you gladly provide guidance to less experienced colleagues.
• You are open to feedback, but have confidence in your ideas and design decisions. You like to share your knowledge with others.
• You can easily shift focus between detail and a more holistic view.
• You take both the responsibility and the initiative to continuously create and improve solutions and processes.
• You are a talented sketcher. Pen and paper are enough for you to visualize a concept or prototype on the spot. You have good knowledge of various software tools, helping you bring your concepts to life.
• You have a broad technical knowledge and 3 to 5 years of working experience in a similar role, preferably built up in a design agency.
• You are fluent in English. Dutch and French is a bonus.
• Ideally, you have a Master’s degree in either “Product development” or “Industrial design”, or equivalent through experience.
Niko develops electric and electronic solutions that make buildings work better for its inhabitants. By consuming less energy, enhancing lighting comfort and safety and making different applications work seamlessly together. Niko allows buildings to be more efficient, to be remotely controlled and interact within a larger eco-system.
Niko is a Belgian family-owned company headquartered in Sint-Niklaas (Belgium), which employs 750 people and is active in 10 European countries.
“How can we make your buildings work better for you?” is the main question we ask ourselves every morning at Niko.
A competitive salary with fringe benefits is only part of what we have to offer. Equally important is that we can provide you with a position in a solid and innovative company. A no-nonsense company where we believe in the saying ‘do as you say and say as you do’. A company that continues to grow and launch new, high-quality solutions. We also offer a fun work environment with an open corporate culture, where colleagues can rely on one another. In brief, a company where you will be fully supported and challenged.