Welcome to Niko, an international family owned company providing beautiful and well-designed, intuitive and user-friendly controls to make people’s homes work better.
Niko is the 'compagnon de route', a partner along the way for of all its customers and partners, with a continuous guarantee of quality, continuity and sustainability. Over the years, these four values have become our moral compass. We made them concrete with the campaign "We Care for Your Plan", which we designed to support all our partners and customers in making their plans come true.
At Niko, we value people. Not only our customers and partners, but also our employees are of great importance to us. We dedicate ourselves to them every day. Niko employees are given responsibility, there is room for self-development, we regularly offer training and there are many growth opportunities, because, we care for your career. Of course, the safety and well-being of our employees is also a top priority. There is plenty of team spirit at Niko and a great working atmosphere among the employees. Niko is known for its pleasant, collegial and inclusive work climate, where there is room for everyone.
In short, we focus on all aspects of being an employee at Niko.
What will you do as Hardware Developer?
As Hardware Developer you will strengthen our R&D Team by specifying, developing and maintaining our hardware solutions within one of our product portfolio’s. You will be involved in all phases of the development process translating product ideas into products ready to be sold. Your main tasks include:
- Ensuring a high-level of quality in the hardware development and making sure that tasks are accomplished within the right timeframe.
- Participating in the development of technology in our exploration phase before the project becomes a development project.
- Planning, estimating and accomplishing tasks according to the plan.
- You will specify hardware and relevant interfaces, e.g. software in collaboration with colleagues.
- Digital and analogue circuit design is an important part of your job.
- You will conduct EMC/LVD layout.
- Conduct testing and verification of design.
- Development/anchoring of methods within hardware development.
- You will collaborate with various people both internally in the organization and externally.
Who are we looking for?
- You hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree in electronic engineering (or equivalent based on a proven track record)
- You can show relevant experience to successfully execute the above mentioned responsibilities.
- You have experience with 230V circuits.
- You have experience with power supplies AC/DC and DC/DC.
- You have experience with integration of SOC’s.
- You have experience with schematic design and layout and follow up of the designed prototypes (PCBA debugging, evaluation, define test strategy, …).
- You have experience with EMI/EMC/ESD/CE design and testing.
- Design For Test (DFT), Design For Manufacturing (DFM) and Design For Assembly (DFA).
- You have affinity with scripting and / or software development.
- You have a passion for innovation & development and want to excel in this field. You challenge status quo.
- You have good communication skills, assertiveness and persuasiveness. Your enthusiasm & knowledge make you confident enough speaking your mind.
- You are eager to learn and to share this knowledge with your colleagues.
- Naturally you have a high sense of responsibility and take initiative constantly improving things (products, processes)
- You are a team player with sense of humor.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Knowledge of Dutch or wish to learn the language is an extra asset.
- Experience with following tools is an extra asset: Altium Designer or PDM/PLM (preferably Siemens Teamcenter).
- Experience in one or more of these area’s is an extra asset: Firmware development, RF designs 868MHz/2.4 GHz (PCB antenna design and matching), Integration of displays or Spice simulations.
What do you get from us?
- You will be working in an exciting, challenging and varied position in a professional environment.
- You will receive an attractive salary, complemented by a comprehensive package of employee benefits.
- You will have the opportunity for self-development, training and career growth.
- Responsibility and showing initiative are encouraged here.
- You will be surrounded by friendly, open colleagues you can build on. In other words: Welcome to the Niko family!
- Niko never stands still, new quality solutions are constantly being launched. You will not be bored here.
- Last but not least, you will be part of a professional and solid growth company with a clear vision for the future. We are a no-nonsense company that does what it says, and says what it does.
Do you recognize yourself?
Do you feel a match with the description above and can you see yourself working at Niko as Hardware Developer? Then send us your application here below, and perhaps we will meet soon for a further introduction.
Niko designs electr(on)ic solutions to enhance buildings to better suit the needs of the people who live and work in them. By using less energy, by improving light comfort and safety and by making sure all applications work together seamlessly. Buildings with Niko are more efficient, are controllable from a distance and interact within bigger ecosystems.
Niko is a family business based in Sint-Niklaas, Belgium, with more than 700 employees in 12 branches.