- Je account
Define; you work together with your colleagues from development, marketing & user experience as well as with our customers to understand problems & market needs and to translate these into technical specifications.
- Ideation & conceptualization; you know how to translate these into different tangible & testable concepts, able to be validated. You test, learn, adapt and iterate in an agile way.
- Development; you make sure the selected concept is fully developed into a robust & manufacturable product. Your design is cost conscious. You are an active member of a project team, working closely with quality, operations & supply chain.
- Environmental Effects; you are aware that time, temperature, humidity, UV and other environmental conditions have an influence on the product lifetime/reliability and know how to anticipate on these effects (test, analyze and simulate). You can select the right material (plastic/metal) based on these results.
- Plastic Injection Molding; you have a fair knowledge of injection molding and plastics in general.
- Sheet Metal Parts; you know how sheet metal parts are developed
- Supplier / partner relationship management; you can set technical specifications and acceptance criteria and know how to work with external partners.
You can show relevant experience (+5yr) for the abovementioned skills.
You have a passion for innovation & development and want to excel in this field. You challenge status quo.
You have fair communication skills, assertiveness and persuasiveness. Your enthusiasm & knowledge make you confident enough speaking your mind.
You are eager to learn and to share this knowledge with your colleagues.
You have a high sense of responsibility and take initiative constantly improving things (products, processes)
You have an engineering degree, master industrial design or equivalent. Nevertheless, even more important is your eagerness to create good products and the curiosity to learn new stuff.
You are a team player with sense of humor.
Siemens NX or at least parametric CAD modelling
Finite elements analysis
Experience developing electronic consumer goods
Dutch & English (spoken & written).
Niko develops electric and electronic solutions that make buildings work better for its inhabitants. By consuming less energy, by enhancing lighting comfort and safety and by making the different applications work seamlessly together. Buildings with Niko inside are more efficient, can be controlled from a distance and interact within a larger eco-system.
Niko is a Belgian family owned company has its headquarters in Sint-Niklaas (Belgium), employs 750 people and is active in 10 countries in Europe.
The question we ask ourselves every morning: “How can we make your buildings work better for you?”
A good salary and a nice package of fringe benefits are just the basis of our offer. Just as important is the fact that you enter a solid company with a clear vision. A no-nonsense company that does what it says, and says what it does. A company that never stops, but constantly launches new quality solutions. A company with fine and open-minded colleagues on who you can build on. In short, a company that supports and challenges you.