Welcome to Niko, an international family owned company providing beautiful and well-designed, intuitive and user-friendly controls to make people’s homes work better.
Niko is the 'compagnon de route', a partner along the way for of all its customers and partners, with a continuous guarantee of quality, continuity and sustainability. Over the years, these four values have become our moral compass. We made them concrete with the campaign "We Care for Your Plan", which we designed to support all our partners and customers in making their plans come true.
At Niko, we value people. Not only our customers and partners, but also our employees are of great importance to us. We dedicate ourselves to them every day. Niko employees are given responsibility, there is room for self-development, we regularly offer training and there are many growth opportunities, because, we care for your career. Of course, the safety and well-being of our employees is also a top priority. There is plenty of team spirit at Niko and a great working atmosphere among the employees. Niko is known for its pleasant, collegial and inclusive work climate, where there is room for everyone.
In short, we focus on all aspects of being an employee at Niko.
What will you do as Mechanical Developer / Designer R&D?
You will strengthen our R&D team by specifying, developing and maintaining our solutions within one of our product portfolios. You will be involved in all phases of the development process, translating product ideas into products ready to be sold. Your main tasks include:
- Ensuring a high-level of quality in the mechanical development and design.
- You will work together with your colleagues from development, marketing and user experience as well as with our customers to understand problems and market needs and to translate these into technical specifications.
- Ideation and conceptualization of problems and market needs into different tangible and testable concepts able to be validated. You design, draw, test, learn, adapt and iterate in an agile way.
- You make sure the selected concept is fully developed into a robust and manufacturable product. Your design is cost conscious. You are an active member of a project team, working closely with quality, operations and supply chain.
- You are aware that environmental effects such as time, temperature, humidity, UV and other environmental conditions have an influence on the product lifetime/reliability and know how to anticipate on these effects (test, analyze and simulate). You can select the right material (plastic/metal) based on these results.
- Plastic Injection Molding; you have a fair knowledge of injection molding and plastics in general.
- Sheet Metal Parts; you know how sheet metal parts are developed.
- You will manage supplier / partner relationships. You can set technical specifications and acceptance criteria and know how to work with external partners.
Who are we looking for?
- You have an engineering degree, master industrial design or equivalent.
- You can show relevant experience (+5yr) for the above mentioned skills.
- You have a strong experience in CAD modelling.
- Experience in developing electronic consumer goods is a plus.
- Experience with Siemens NX is a plus.
- Experience with Finite elements analysis is a plus.
- You have a passion for innovation and development and want to excel in this field. You challenge status quo.
- You have fair communication skills, assertiveness and persuasiveness.
- You are enthusiastic, eager to learn and want to share your knowledge with your colleagues.
- Your enthusiasm and knowledge make you confident enough speaking your mind.
- Naturally you have a high sense of responsibility and take initiative constantly improving things (products, processes).
- You are a team player with sense of humor.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Knowledge of Dutch is an extra asset.
What do you get from us?
- You will be working in an exciting, challenging and varied position in a professional environment.
- You will receive an attractive salary, complemented by a comprehensive package of employee benefits.
- You will have the opportunity for self-development, training and career growth.
- Responsibility and showing initiative are encouraged here.
- You will be surrounded by friendly, open colleagues you can build on. In other words: Welcome to the Niko family!
- Niko never stands still, new quality solutions are constantly being launched. You will not be bored here.
- Last but not least, you will be part of a professional and solid growth company with a clear vision for the future. We are a no-nonsense company that does what it says, and says what it does.
Do you recognize yourself?
Do you feel a match with the description above and can you see yourself working at Niko as Mechanical Developer? Then send us your application here below, and perhaps we will meet soon for a further introduction.
Niko designs electr(on)ic solutions to enhance buildings to better suit the needs of the people who live and work in them. By using less energy, by improving light comfort and safety and by making sure all applications work together seamlessly. Buildings with Niko are more efficient, are controllable from a distance and interact within bigger ecosystems. Niko is a family business based in Sint-Niklaas, Belgium, with more than 700 employees in 12 branches.