- Je account
Should you have any doubts, there's more to Niko than switches and socket outlets
• You will join our enthusiastic team of 6 multidisciplinary designers. Close collaboration with our product managers is also really important.
• You will become our key UX designer for Niko Home control user interfaces and configuration tools. With your proven experience you need minimal guidance from our Lead UX designer to come up with solutions that are in line with our interaction guidelines.
• You will go in search of user needs by means of interviews and observations. You will analyse and define, in close collaboration with the product owner, what should be designed.
• You will combine these insights with your creativity and focus your efforts on user-centred solutions. You will make wireframes and design screens aligned with the Niko UI style.
• You will build realistic clickable prototypes, which you then use to test your solution among our users. You will process the test results and implement your findings in the next design iteration.
• Throughout our agile development process you will support our development teams both locally and abroad.
You are a good communicator with the necessary powers of persuasion. Using your enthusiasm you inspire others to continue investing in user experience.
• You enjoy working in an agile environment. Achieving deadlines comes naturally.
• Thanks to your empathic nature, you are successful in bringing disciplines together, in order to define clear requirements for new applications or functionalities.
• You are ‘eager’ to learn new skills, and enjoy working closely with colleagues. You can give guidance to less experienced colleagues.
• You are open to feedback, but have confidence in your own ideas and design decisions. You like to share your knowledge with others.
• You can easily switch your focus between detail and helicopter view.
• You take both the responsibility and initiative to continuously create and improve solutions and processes.
• Using a pen and paper, you are quickly able to visualise a concept or prototype. Experience with Figma in the design of wireframes and screens is a bonus.• Ideally, you have a Master's degree in either "Product Development" or "Design for Interaction” or similar due to experience.
Niko is market leader in Belgium and produces solutions for switching material, access control, light control and home automation from its head office in Sint-Niklaas. Niko is fully committed to well-considered design, high-quality products and an environmentally friendly production process, and is investing heavily in research and development. Within his design philosophy, Niko constantly strives to bring innovative, aesthetically attractive and user-friendly products to the market. Niko is a company in full growth, has more than 630 employees and an annual turnover of more than 170 million euros. Niko currently has branches throughout Europe: Belgium, France, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Slovakia and Denmark.
A nice salary with fringe benefits is only part of what we have to offer. Equally important is the fact that we can offer you a position in a solid company with a clear vision. A no-nonsense company where we believe in the saying ‘do as you say and say as you do’. A company that continues to grow and to launch new, high-quality solutions. We also offer a fun work environment where colleagues are open towards each other and build on one another. In brief, a company where you will be fully supported and challenged.